Should we require or ask you to provide information, by which you could be identified when using this website, be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The following statement details what information we collect from you, how we use this information, whom we share this information with and how you can manage the information we hold.
W.Howard Limited reserve the right to update this policy by updating this page. Please ensure you check this page to ensure you are aware of any changes and how they may affect you.
This policy is effective from 1st February 2023.
What personal information do we collect?
W.Howard Limited only collects data which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for. Some of the information collected does not identify you personally, but provides us with useful information as to how you use our services and engage with us on the website, when calling us or visiting our premises.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Full name (including title)
- Company name (where applicable)
- Address(es) (including billing and delivery address)
- Telephone number(s)
- Email addresses
- Any correspondence sent to you by us / sent to us by you
- Your feedback
- Your marketing and communication preferences
How do we use this information?
W.Howard Limited will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected.
Security of data
W.Howard Limited have put appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Legal basis for processing personal data.
Contractual: We may use and process your information where it is necessary to do so in order to process orders and payments or to provide you with a refund.
Legitimate interest: We may use your personal information where it is our legitimate interest as a business to do so.
This may include but is not limited to:
- Verifying your identity
- To provide customer support and to respond to and communicate with you
- To contact you if we need to obtain additional information in relation to your order or query
- To check that our records are correct
- To request feedback on our goods and services
- For marketing activities (other than when we rely on your consent), such as marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale and personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked for us not to contact you for marketing purposes), we will keep a record of this on our suppression list in order to comply with your request
- To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts
- To let you interact with us through our social media channels
- To show you relevant advertisements by using information collected from your devices, if you have provided your consent for such collection, including your searches, location, ads that you have seen and personal information that you have provided to us.
Legal Obligation: W.Howard Limited may be obliged to disclose you personal information to meet any legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law.
- To verify your identity when you contact us
- To verify the accuracy of the information we hold about you
- To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to any investigation by a public authority
- To complete any requests you make regarding your data
- For financial administration
Consent: For marketing purposes where consent has been given:
- We use email and text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions and special events
- To personalise your experience on our Online service. This could include (but not limited to) providing you with interesting, relevant content or making navigation on our website easier.
- To record if you have any additional needs when communicating with us
Email Marketing: You will not be added to our email marketing list unless you give W.Howard Limited explicit consent. This could be signing up online or requesting to be added via a face to face meeting with a W.Howard Limited employee, phone call or email.
We will only collect your name and email address for email marketing purposes. This data will be used solely by W.Howard Limited to keep you up to date with special offers, new products, case studies, feedback and product/installation information/advice. We will never send unsolicited ‘junk’ emails or share your information with anyone who might.
The customer data you submit when you sign up to our email marketing list is stored Mailchimp, our email marketing provider. Mailchimp gather statistics around email open rates and clicks as well as other metrics to help us monitor and improve our marketing communications.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all marketing emails. You can also make an unsubscribe request by phoning or emailing one of our team.
Who has access to your data
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract we have entered in to you with you, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Recipients of your data may include third-party service providers, other related business entities, a regulator, or to otherwise comply with the law.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security or your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Social media, blogs & reviews
Any comments, reviews or other online posts about W.Howard Limited, our products and services will be shared with other members of the public. In any event, any comments or reviews a user makes should not be offensive or defamatory, any such posts will be reported to the platform.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We will keep any personal information you have provided to us, for as long as you are a customer. If records show that you have not made a purchase or engaged with us for 3 years or more, we will remove you from our marketing mailing lists.
If you are no longer a customer of W.Howard Limited, we will keep your information for up to 5 years after the last time you made a purchase or interacted with us.
W.Howard Limited will not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is required.
Protecting your data
W.Howard Limited is committed to keeping all personal data safe and secure. We regularly review our processes to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction.
You have the right to:
· Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information that we hold.
· Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you if you believe it is incomplete or inaccurate.
· Request erasure of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; if our processing of your personal information is based upon legitimate interests and you believe it is no longer necessary; or if you believe we have processed your personal data unlawfully or not for the purposes for which it was intended.
· Request to restrict the processing of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; you have requested that your personal information is corrected and want to restrict processing whilst we correct it; where you believe our processing is unlawful but do not want us to erase your personal information; where we no longer need to store your personal information but you require us to do so to enable you to exercise or defend a legal claim.
Any requests for the above should be sent to: [email protected]
Or by post:
W.Howard Limited, Albion Park, Warrington Road, Glazebury, Warrington, WA3 5PG
It is company policy that any information requests pertaining to the above will be held on file for 12 months. These details will be stored electronically in a secure location.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner by visiting their website https://ico.org.uk/
Links to other websites and social plugins
Our site uses social media plugins (buttons), if you do not wish for a social media platform to combine the information from your website visit with information they hold on you, we recommend logging out of your social media accounts before activating these buttons.
API’s and other technologies
If you have any further questions as to how W.Howard Limited uses your personal data, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
Post: W.Howard Limited, Albion Park, Warrington Road, Glazebury, Warrington, WA3 5PG
If you are unhappy with the communication from W.Howard Limited, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found on the website: www.ico.org.uk